Tuesday, November 10, 2009

2 weeks or 8 months. It's all the same, right?


For anyone who was worried that the alligator did, in fact, get me, rest assured I am alive and well. My two week hiatus turned into 8 months, but who's counting? In case anyone still reads this blog, I present to you a peace offering: a video. This is a new technological advancement for my blog (and still a little too advanced for me, since I didn't manage to get it right side up).

I have a coworker here who has become a dear friend. Her name is Robin, and I spend a lot of time with her and her family. She sends her husband to fetch me at the airport when I have a late flight. She feeds me dinner. She sends me home with leftovers. She keeps me sane at work. And her dad is teaching me to play the accordion.

His name is Gulio (pronounced jew-leo), but I just call him Gules (like jewels). Gules is quite tickled that anyone under the age of 65 would be interested in playing the accordion. He told me this weekend that if he was 27 he would marry me in a minute (this after Robin advised that I should never mention to any man that I was taking accordion lessons if I wanted to find another boyfriend). She told him that it would never work between the two of us because he would have to convert to Mormonism (Gules was raised Italian Catholic, but isn't religious anymore). He was quite adamant that he didn't care what it entailed--he would do whatever it took to win me over. How could I not love Gules?

So without further adieu, here is my accordion duet debut of "Let's Dance the Polka." Gules and I are already talking about open mic night at O'Brien's Pub...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karli said...

I LOVE the accordion! It's big in my family. Like... really big. :)

Amy Anderson said...

Kimmie!!! You're back!!! I have still kept checking your blog faithfully! ;-) I love your post! I think it's funny that the video is sideways. lol! I probably need to call and catch up again now that the play just ended sat. I have Tim stories! ;-)

Candice said...

Cute hair.
Glad your back and glad you have such good friends in FL. I could be that friend if you were in UT.

Shalise said...

Okay, I almost peed my pants watching that...I dare you to play it while smiling! How awesome is learning to play the accordian. The men will be crawling!