Friday, January 16, 2009

Israel: The Dead Sea

For a good time, visit the Dead Sea.

Reason #1: Nothing lives in it. There will be no strange plants wrapping around your ankles, and no hungry fish trying to take a nibble out of your toe. Thus, the things that I dislike most about lakes and oceans are resolved immediately.

Reason #2: There is no effort required. Sit back, and float. Consciously try NOT to float, and you will fail. Lay on your stomach and put your hands and feet in the air. You can't sink. This is because the Dead Sea has a 35% salinity rate, while your average ocean has around a 3.5% salinity rate.

Reason #3: It is fully stocked with mud. Not only is it fun to play with, it apparently holds many benefits for your skin. Benefits or not, we had a great time smearing it all over ourselves.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a fun time. Playing in the mud will never disappoint. How was the water?

Shalise said...

Yea! I hate it when things brush my legs. I have to consciously try not to scream...I think I love the Dead Sea!

A said...

Now I really want to go to the dead sea--for the mud bath especially.

Katie & Kevin Meador said...

you look like a skinny-winny! looks like fun...i just wish you would have rubbed some on your face as well :)

Karli said...

Haha! I loved the Dead Sea, except that I had spent the previous day in Tel Aviv and had very bad blisters on my heels of my feet. They hurt SO BAD when I got in the water!