Friday, October 24, 2008

Fathiar

Leave it to me to sniff out the best carbs. And if those carbs happen to incorporate cheese, even better. I introduce to you: Cheese fathiarIt's Lebanese. And it's delicious. Have I mentioned that Lebanese might be my new favorite food? Fathiar is flaky like a croissant, but has a completely different texture. It is much more chewy, and much sweeter. It comes in big rounds, and when you buy one at the bakery, they cut it up like a pizza and wrap it for you. It didn't last very long around my house, so I had to ban myself from buying it again. And my self control is very good--I have followed my rule and not purchased any more. Unfortunately, I usually find something else to try. Yesterday it was the most perfect golden raisin (as in the raisins were yellow) bread, and I managed to eat the whole round loaf while I was waiting in line at the car wash. I could promise you a picture next time, but there won't be a next time: raisin bread is now on my list of off-limits foods.

No comments: