Friday, September 19, 2008

Church

This is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Bahrain. I thought it might be interesting to post a picture, since it doesn't look like a church. That's because it was a villa and a family lived here until a few years ago. But it was the villa of a very wealthy family, so all of the rooms are huge. And there's a pool in the backyard. Church here is on Friday, because that is the Muslim sabbath. So my workweek is Sunday-Thursday, and I have Friday and Saturday off. It is kind of strange, but I am getting used to it. Bahrain is much more tolerant of Christianity than its neighbors. One interesting fact that I learned about Muslims--they believe in Jesus Christ, but they believe that he was a prophet and not the literal son of God.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love reading about your experience- you are a great blogger! Keep up the frequent and interesting posts.
--sarah b