Friday, September 12, 2008

In the news

I really get a kick out of reading the newspapers here. The things that they report on are very unique, and often entertaining. For example, on my flight from Frankfut to Bahrain, I read a whole 2 page spread on how to pump your own gas. Apparently, there is a pilot program being launched in some parts of the Gulf for self-service gas stations. The article was a pep talk to the residents telling them that they could learn the art of gas-pumping, and it was complete with diagrams illustrating the process. The weather report included a table on the chances of sunburn for the day. The chart showed different skin tones and the risk of sunburn for each one. Hilarious. (I saved the newspaper so I could post it on my blog, but I think that the cleaning people threw it away... ) Anyway, I came across this article, and thought that I would post it for your cultural enlightenment :)
In case you can't read the caption, "Camel-vehicle collisions are on the rise as camels often stray on to highways... right to safe passage."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the posts Annie. Your blog is coming along very nicely! It is so entertaining to read. Love the pictures too.