Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Honesty

I love honesty. My favorite friends are the ones who will tell me when those jeans make me look fat. I've decided that Americans are not honest enough for my liking, but people here definitely are. An example. It's day 4 on the job, and my coworker and I are heading to a hotel to meet with some consultants who are helping us with a salary survey of banks in Bahrain. We are at a red light, and my coworker turns to me and says "I notice you're breaking out." Thanks for noticing, I think. "It's probably because of the humidity." "It probably is," I agree. And we keep driving. I love it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yea! thanks for the audible laugh you just gave me. i don't get those very often. yea for honesty!!!!

A said...

yes, americans know how to politely avoid honesty. good thing we have eachother. i know you'd tell me if my "bum was more big or more small" like my friend from uruguay. if it makes you feel any better, i'm breaking out too. it must be the desert. sorry for the million comments. comments make me happy! so, i'm trying to share the love. still missing you.