Monday, September 8, 2008

Home sweet home

So I didn't have a place to live until less than a week before I flew out. Let's just say that it caused a bit of stress in my life, and I was tempted to take my old coworker's offer to let me borrow his son's tent in case I had to pitch it in the dessert somewhere. I didn't know if I would be staying in an apartment or a hotel, and I got both--an apartment inside a hotel. I haven't made my bed once since I got here, or emptied my garbage, or cleaned the bathroom. That is the beauty of daily room service. The one downside is that I don't have a dishwasher, and dishes are the one thing that housekeeping doesn't do. Too bad. But it is definitely a lot bigger than the 425 square foot studio I left behind in Manhattan, and it is about a 3 minute drive from work, so I am pretty happy with it. And it came with a TV. Anyone who has stayed with me knows that I kind of hate TV, and I haven't had one for 2 years. I don't plan to watch it, but if you come and visit me, I will let you have full control of the remote :) Without further ado, I present to you Elite Seef Residence #2220:

This bed is not nearly as comfortable as the one I left behind, but I also don't have to wash the sheets, so I'll take it.

Most mornings I am too lazy to get up early to wear proper makeup, but I do love that on the mornings I do, I have a proper place to apply.

The living room. The table is to the left, but you can't see it in the picture. I am out of the habit of eating at a table, though, and usually take my food to the couch.

The bathroom. I also have a biday (this is not how you spell it, but I don't speak French, and I can't even come close enough to the proper spelling to get a match on Google) that is lovely for shaving my legs since my shower is so tiny.

The kitchen. Notice the washer/dryer combo next to the sink. Very European.

This is the view if you walk in the door and look left. It is my little entry way, and the door to my neighbor's.

6 comments:

NY Topper said...

Kim,

Thanks for the invite, I'm excited to keep up with your adventure! I believe it is spelled bidet - I just looked it up and did not find anything about leg shaving in the definition, however. Keep the posts coming!

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

Hey, I can't believe you are living in Bahraini. That is crazy. I am way excited to get to see what you are up to through your blog. You should have had one in New York too.... My blog is Tomandbrittany.blogspot.com so you can keep in touch with me too. Love you!!!

Sarah said...

thanks for the invite to your blog- it sounds like you are having quite an adventure. can't wait to hear more about it.

Jake said...

Kim,

Nice to receive your invite. I hope you are kicking some back side over there. I'll check in from time to time to see how things are going.

Jake

Unknown said...

yea for the yellow stripe in the bathroom! it makes me feel so happy! i would like to come and have a shower. is that how they say it: have a shower? european influence and all. ok, i miss you. have fun but try to hurry back. but if you don't want to hurry, i will accept that.

A said...

it looks nice. i really hope i make it over to come and check it out. i'd love to visit. i'm sure you've already discovered the best places to eat (does the zagat guide cover restaurants in B?) and the best places to shop? i was missing you mucho yesterday when i had a layover at JFK. i wanted to take a take to Lexington Ave, crawl into your bed, eat cookie dough and stay up late to share all of my travel experiences and hear about yours too. i have some really good stories to share from Switz and France. miss you!!